Friday, August 29, 2014

Morning everyone, I know it's early am here in TN. Some things to report before I go jump back into the cards. Firstly, I listed the three packs of hockey cards on Sports Card Forum and someone snatched em up before the day was over so I'm glad they went to a good home. In my neck of the woods, I've processed 513 cards since unloading the lists onto Sports Card Forum and using the pricing tables I set up from the last update, the collection currently stands at a worth of $1,588.22 after 513 cards. This is happy news from a collectors standpoint but at the same time I realize I'm using a price table that I created based on what I feel aspects that make up a card are worth and it'll change ten cents per year. I was going to post a long rant about values in general and the market but thought better of it as it doesn't belong here. I continue to stress that the collection is 100% non-profit and that all cards in the collection have either been donated or purchased from sites like listia where there's no monetary value, so if you have any cards sitting around and either don't collect anymore or don't know what to do with em, donate em to the collection. You can't write em off on your taxes or anything since we're not 503C3 certified, but you'll feel the satisfaction that there's someone out there willing to start and complete a complete record of baseball cards from the 1800s to the present and will never sell the collection for any reason. If anyone has any questions or comments, I'm open to anything. Stay Frosty, Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment